Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stars on Ice


I took my mom to see Stars on Ice in Spokane at the end of January. I'm not a huge ice skating fan, but really enjoyed the energy and skill of the skaters. The last time I saw Stars on Ice (about 10 years ago), the performances were pretty traditional and typical of the late '90's. The show two weeks ago had a fun, modern young edge that was extremly appealing. The cast even did an entire performance dressed as an '80's rock band, complete with some great '80's music. We had really great seats and could even hear Sasha Cohen giving verbal cues to her helpers during one of her performances. She did the entire piece without skates, being carried around the ice by three male skaters. It's hard to explain, but was really cool.
Here are some pictures I captured of the Stars:

Sasha Cohen begins her non-skating scene.
Todd Eldridge leads the cast in rocking out.
Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao during on of my favorite performances of the night.

Ilia Kulik does a modern dance performance that reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite, in a good way, of course.

Patrice Lauzon and Marie-France Dubreuil performed many ice dancing numbers.

Michael Wiess struts his stuff, playing right into the hearts of the ladies.

No comments: